Construction appears to run in our genes! We are lucky to have lots of support from our families as we continue our journey towards tiny living.
The Tiny Accomplishments of 2015
We received our trailer in early April, marking the official start of our build. Below is a summary of our tiny house progress this past year.
- Designed, built, and insulated the subfloor…we are glad to be done drilling through hardened steel and working on our backs underneath the trailer!
- Partnered with the Heartwood School to frame the house.
- Towed the tiny house and only barely nicked a bridge 🙂
- Stained and installed siding on 3 of the 4 walls. This alone took 3 months!
- Roughed in the electrical.
- Installed insulation and roofing.
- Became more intentional with our needs and significantly pared down our belongings.
- Did lots of research about home design and construction
- Volunteered with Habitat for Humanity
- Made lots of decisions and wrote lots of blog posts!
The (Not-so) Tiny Goals for 2016
- Finish major construction by September and start living in our house!
- Find land/parking spot for the house
- Host an open house (and see how many people will fit inside)
- Finish my tiny house book…YES I am writing a book! Details to come
Have a happy and healthy New Year!