We’ve been working on making storage space for our belongings – not an easy feat! We spent the last 2 years culling our clutter and slimming down our wardrobes. Stuff doesn’t accumulate overnight, and it doesn’t go away overnight either.
Here are our tips for maximizing storage potential!
- Muddy shoes and bulky coats can quickly make a mess. We have coat hooks and a table near the door to keep outdoor gear from invading the house.
- Hanging clothes takes up space, so fold when you can. Open shelving is great!
- Have a mix of lower and upper storage, with your most-used items stored between
waist and eye level.
- Fold underwear & socks! I was skeptical about this, but it is so orderly and frees up a lot of space.
- We have 4 plates, 4 bowls, 4 spoons, 4 mugs… you get the idea. Having fewer kitchen items also ensures we stay on top of doing dishes!
- Embrace simplicity. Sometimes one quality item in a given category is all you really need. Your lifestyle and climate will determine whether the “rule of one” is
easible. I have 4 winter coats, but since the coats are very different and winter is like half the year here, that’s a good number for me!